some comments from readers:
- I recived your book last week. What great reading! I've been all over the place these days. I see my own city through new eyes. :) One of the last bunkers in "kvalaberg camp" was partally demolished last year. "misunderstanding" the cityhall claims. However, I checked it out today - and the part that was taken down has been rebuild. Its a shame it was taken down, but Its also good that the city finally sees the historical value of such a place, and actually spends money rebuilding it. I happen to be a part of the board in "hafrsfjord pistolklubb" and we have our shooting club in the underground tunnel in Bjergsted. I never knew this was actually a German WWII-installation! (see how ignorant we can be to our surroundings...) Do you happen to know anything more about the second tunnel that has been bricked up?
If you ever decide to print more books, just about everyone I showed to book to wants one as well. A farmer in Tananger, which owns the land where the slethei installation is, and parts of the land which were covered in mines from "tananger bucht," is a good friend of my family. He heard about the mines etc from his father, but was incredibly grateful to get to see the map presented in your book. Just thought you should know that! :)
- your book is FANTASTIC Thank you for our copies, I will be recommending it to all my friends. When is the next one coming out!! Thanks again.
- Fikk boken deres i dag, meget spennende lesestoff !!!! En bok man kan ta frem og lese om og om igjen, og bruke som referanse. Ett eksempel for andre som har atlantikwall som interesse. Får håpe noen (dere?) gjør noe lignende for Bergensområdet. Dette var meget bra !!!!
- Got you book today, very exciting to read!!!! A book you can take out and read over and over again and use as reference. A good example for others with the Atlantikwall as field of interest. I hope someone (You?) does something similar about Bergen . This was very good !!!!
- Dette dreier seg om en bok som er laget av landets kansje fremste på innsamling av feltinfo, dokumentasjon og publisering. Det står respekt av dette arbeidet som her er utført, UTEN økonomisk bistand, lagt ut på nettet (ARN) for alle å se og oppleve og nå iform av boken "Festung Stavanger". Jeg vil oppfordre ALLE å bestille den , samt å støtte opp om det fantastiske arbeidet denne gruppen står for - også Riksantikvaren. LYKKE TIL VIDERE og takk for en fantastisk innsatsvilje!
- This is a book made by the leading team in
regarding collection of field datas, documentation and publishing. There is respect over the work which have been done without economical support, published on the internet (ARN) and now for everyone to see through the book "Festung
". I will encourage everyone to buy this book, and support the fantastic work this group is doing - Also the "Riksantikvar". Good luck and thanks for your fantastic efforts!
- A very, very fine book. Excellent informations and god
pictures both old and new pictures, and the CD is fine
too - absolutely a very good book.
- Vi er sä takknemlige for bäde kontakt til deg og for den supre boken dere har laget. Vi häper ä kunne involvere deg/dere mer i ärene som kommer.
- We are very grateful for the contact with you, and the superb book you have made. We hope to include more of your stuff during the next years.
- The book looks very nice, my congratulations!
Nice text, plans and pictures. Keep up the good work.
You can already take my order for the next one... What will that be?
- Boken er på hele tre språk, og inneholder noe av det bedre jeg har sett av karter og informasjon. Kanskje det kommer et verk for Hordaland også? Vi venter i spenning, Ettrup og Co!
- The book is made in 3 languages and contains some of the best maps and info I have ever seen. Maybe there will be a book about Hordaland too? We are waiting in excitement for Ettrup & Co!
- Boka var meget interessant og jeg må jo bare si at det er en kjempejobb dere har gjort!
Dette var helt klart en bok midt i blinken!. Gleder meg til å se gjennom cd`en med bilder også.
Må takke for en kjempebok!
- The book was very interesting, and you have done a tremendous job! This was a book perfect for me. Now I`m looking forward to browse the CD too! Again, thanks for a very fine book!
- Congratulations with your new book! I`m impressed!! And grateful beceause you have undertaken a job that should have been done by the Military Museum of Norway.
- I want to congratulate you all with "Festung Stavanger".
- Die Publikation ist bei allem ein idealer Reisführer und diejenigen Leser, die nicht die Möglichkeit haben, sich vort Ort umzusehen, sind zumindest mit den beigefügten Plänen voll im geschehen.